3Degrees takes direct responsibility for its impact on the environment.
To mitigate its impact, 3Degrees incorporates sustainability measures into all its operations. This means reducing energy use and waste, renewing or recycling what it can’t reduce, and balancing out unavoidable greenhouse gas emissions.
Examples of 3Degrees' commitment to sustainability include:
- Helping subsidize fare costs for employees who commute to work using public transportation.
- Incorporating sustainability best practices into day-to-day operations, such as double-sided printing, “smart” thermostats, compact fluorescent lighting, and energy conservation.
- Contracting only with local FSC-Certified printers who use 100 percent soy based inks for external printing projects.
- Use of environmentally sustainable office materials.
- Printing in-house on at least 30 percent post-consumer recycled paper.
- Selecting a carbon-neutral hosting company for our web site.
- Utilization of hybrid or fuel-efficient vehicles whenever they are available.
- Matching 100 percent of the firm's electricity usage with Renewable Energy Certificates, and balancing out all emissions resulting from employees' car and air travel (commuting and business) with third-party verified carbon offsets.
3Degrees' commitment to sustainability is demonstrated by the fact that it was the first company in North America to be recognized by The Climate Registry with its Climate Registered™ Silver designation.
This status is conferred by the Climate Registry to organizations that have demonstrated their commitment to sustainability by successfully measuring, verifying, and reporting their carbon footprint according to The Climate Registry’s best-in-class program. To secure this designation, 3Degrees also committed to a timeline for meeting specific absolute greenhouse gas emission reduction goals and demonstrated that it had implemented at least five greenhouse gas reduction best practices.